The former Hahn Shoes on the southeast corner of 14th and G Streets, NW, prior to 1950 and today. Historic image from the Library of Congress Horydczak Collection.
Hahn Shoes had been a fixture in the Washington area for 119 years when it filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization in June, 1995. Unable to find a buyer, it instead closed its remaining stores and distributed its $2.9 million in assets among its creditors. One of the last eight stores in operation, their store on G Street was closed by the end of August, 1995.
The building is currently scheduled to be the future home of the Armenian Genocide Museum of America.