Do you enjoy managing and organizing groups of volunteers and events, and making organizations operate smoothly? Do you want to build a career in nonprofit management and/or around sustainable and equitable transportation and housing in the Washington area?
Greater Greater Washington is seeking a Community and Program Coordinator to strengthen and systematize our interactions with members of our community of readers, members, volunteers, and stakeholder coalitions, through events, advocacy alerts, and committees. The Community and Program Coordinator will also contribute to the organizational and financial management needs of the organization.
If this sounds like you, we hope you will apply. If you know people who would be great for it, we hope you will let them know. GGWash readers or people who find out about jobs directly from GGWash readers have often been the best source of candidates in our hiring, so it would be really great to hear from you and your networks.
Also, we’re looking for our fall 2019 Urbanist Journalism Fellows, so please spread the word about that and/or apply as well!
Here is what the Community and Program Coordinator will work on:
Membership Management and Events (~30% of time):
- Produce our annual birthday party, including coordinating venue logistics, food, signage, volunteers, RSVPs, and other elements.
- Manage our Q1 annual member drive including blog posts and emails.
- Keep our database of members and supporters updated. Assist with a transition to a new CRM system.
Community and Volunteer Management (~30% of time):
- Oversee our volunteer committees to ensure participation and happiness by participants.
- Recruit new members for volunteer committees on an annual basis including strong representation among people from diverse backgrounds.
- Work with program staff and the volunteer Advocacy Committee to identify opportunities for advocacy emails and actions on upcoming posts; edit copy for advocacy alerts, load them into the backend system, and monitor performance.
Transportation Program Management (~20% of time):
- Manage operations for our transportation coalition, DC Sustainable Transportation. Schedule meetings, set agendas, arrange venues, and provide logistical support.
Organizational Administration (~20% of time):
- Manage expense reports, payments to contractors, recurring invoices, check deposits, and other selected financial management tasks.
- Handle occasional regulatory filings and other reporting needs.
- Address facilities issues in our shared WeWork space.
- Perform other nonprofit management functions as appropriate.
See more information in the complete job description. We hope you will apply or pass this on to people who would be great for our team!