Since our post yesterday, readers have stepped up with $1,957 in memberships and donations toward our reader drive. Thank you so much!
We have just two days left in our yearly fundraising drive, and we need $2,771 to reach our goal. If you come to GGWash to learn about ways to advocate for walkable urban places, please join the GGWash Neighborhood, which starts at just $5/month, or donate what you can.
What happens when you contribute to GGWash? Take a look at what we accomplished in 2018:
- Achieved 7.5% pageview growth and 10% reader growth on the blog
- Coordinated over 50 urbanists to testify at the 13-hour DC Comp Plan hearing
- Launched an urbanist journalism fellowship program to amplify underrepresented voices
- Rallied residents for a vision of DC with 20k dockless devices (and enough protected lanes for everyone)
- Issued an unambiguous call for the WMATA Board to treat Metro as a true urban subway, not just a 9-to-5 commuter rail
- Worked with the People for Fairness Coalition to push DC Council to fund more public restrooms
- Educated thousands of DC residents about their ANC candidates and endorsed over 100 candidates in primary and general elections across the region
- Encouraged resident engagement that resulted in better zoning in Reston, VA and Prince George's County, MD
- Pushed to get biking and pedestrian accommodations into the preferred plan for the Long Bridge from Arlington to DC
If this gets you excited about what we can do in 2019, please support us. You can join the GGWash Neighborhood or make a contribution of any size.
Don't forget about GGWash's 11th birthday party on March 14, 6:30-9 pm in Crystal City. All GGWash Neighbors and donors this month get a ticket. You can also make your donation when you RSVP. (If you already donated but aren’t sure if you RSVPed, contact firstname.lastname@example.org).